It is our prayer that everyone who comes to Sojourn would know Jesus and continue to grow into His image, would become a disciple of Jesus, seeking first His Kingdom, would know the love of the Father, the grace of the Lord Jesus and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, and would be committed to advancing the Kingdom of God. Our heart cry is to know Him.
We believe that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. He is still seeking and saving the lost, bringing all that will receive His love into eternal relationship with Him. This is not joining a church but experiencing real life, which can only come from Jesus, the source of life.
We want to know Him, not just to gather more information about Jesus or adhere to some church doctrine but to really know Him and be changed by His awesome love. We believe he still empowers His people with the Holy Spirit to be His witnesses to the world around us and that the Holy Spirit still releases His gifts through us just as He did in the book of Acts.
We believe we exist to glorify God and to advance His Kingdom by becoming disciples of Jesus Christ.
Is seeing spiritually healthy people who are disciples making a difference in their world for Jesus and His Kingdom
Is to make disciples of Jesus who advance the Kingdom of God
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the Gospel to the poor, He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.” Luke 4:18-19 NKJV
OUR FOUNDATIONAL BELIEFS
- God is Love and He is a Good Father
- Jesus is the full expression of the Father and is the living Word
- The Holy Spirit is God with us, and He empowers us to advance the Kingdom of God on earth
- The Kingdom of God was the message Jesus taught, preached and demonstrated
We are called to be disciples of Jesus who advance His Kingdom. We encourage everyone at Sojourn to:
- Come to the worship service to be encouraged by praise & worship, preaching, prayer, ministry and teaching of God’s word.
- Join a Sojourn Group to build relationships, make disciples and reach out to your neighbors.
- Go through Catch the Vision, our membership class, which gives you an opportunity to meet the elders and staff, and be joined to us.
- Attend our “Free Indeed” seminar and discover the freedom that is available to every believer through Jesus Christ.
- Continue to grow as a disciple of Jesus by attending the various discipleship classes and seminars offered throughout the year.
- Become a Lighthouse of Prayer in your neighborhood or workplace. This means simply taking responsibility to pray for your neighbors, blessing them and believing for an opportunity to share the Gospel with them.
- Utilize the many books and teachings that are found in our foyer and use these resources to help others, as well.
- Get involved with the various outreaches and missions of our church by praying, serving, going and giving.
Chris McRae assumed the duties of senior pastor on Jan. 5, 2020, continuing to build on the ministry’s vision of “seeing spiritually healthy people who are disciples making a difference in their world for Jesus and His Kingdom.” He and his wife, Vanessa, look forward eagerly to what God will do in the lives of the Sojourn family in the years to come.”
McRae’s Sojourn journey began at age 19, when he moved to the Metroplex from Arkansas to attend Christ for the Nations Institute, where he also met his wife. A volunteer and church member for more than three years, McRae joined the staff in 1999.
McRae has worked in Sojourn’s children’s ministry, with junior and senior high youth and the outreach ministry, and he regularly preaches at the church’s corporate meetings. He is a graduate of King’s University.
“I have a message of hope for people and to see them find faith in the Lord.”
Sojourn traces its roots to 1982 when Christian businessman Terry Moore and his wife Susan started a small group in their home after an encounter with the Holy Spirit that changed their lives. That meeting grew and developed into a church by 1987, meeting in a building off Sojourn Drive in Addison, Texas.
Since that time, Sojourn has been involved with numerous moves of God, including Catch the Fire Toronto, March for Jesus Dallas and Light the Nation, among others. In 1995, Sojourn helped give birth to Trinity Church Dallas, which meets in the area just north of downtown Dallas. And in 2001, also planted a second church, Lighthouse Christian Fellowship in the Prosper area of Collin County. Sojourn has hosted meetings led by Bill Johnson, Bob Hazlett, Mark Rutland, Joseph Mattera and others.
“We continue to be amazed at the opportunities that are continually before us. The Lord is truly good and He orders our steps. We can truly say that God is Faithful.” Terry Moore – Founding Pastor and Elder